August 28, 2010

First Week.

It's official.
The first week of school has come to an end. It was, great. I mean, school is school right? No one enjoys having to read bland articles. Highlighting, printing, re-reading, that thing is something one must do in an effort of maintaining grades. I mean, I'm already behind on my readings. I was pretty nervous about one particular class, but turns out it's pretty chill. The professor is cool, the classmates are pretty nice too. I mean, except for a handful. There are idiots in every class.

We played a game in my first class, last Thursday. [By the way, going to school twice a week is heavenly.] If someone would have told me I would be playing a game in a college class [400 level, mind you] in high school, I would not believe them. Anyway, we played a game which I forgot the name of. I recall telling myself to remember the name of the game for future reference [fail]. The main point of the game was to mimic the capitalist/free market system by trying to acquire as many poker chips as possible. I ended up collecting a fair amount [we had to make deals with classmates]. At the end of the game, looking back, I was pretty greedy. I mean, I knew I liked money, but I really wanted to acquire as many chips as possible. There was even a point where my classmates were deciding who to give the bonus poker chip to, and it came down to me and a girl [who was holding the chip]. The class said I should get the chip since I had 1 point more than she did, so she asked me if I would take the chip from her, almost begging me to let the chip be. I instantly said yes and grabbed the chip from her and dropped it in my cup.
Wait.
Did I just snatch the chip from her hand?
Yes.
I did!
Wow.
Unfortunately, the game brought out the "darker" side of me. I mean, c'mon, I wanted to win [by being part of the upper class]! Turns out, not everyone was as "evil" as I was during the game. I ran into people who had low numbers of chips but still wished to help others to the top. That, was cool. I mean, it was a game after all, but still. They weren't into advancing themselves, but wanted to aid...me move up the ladder. I just thought that was really thoughtful. There are nice people out there.
You just have to search for them.

Family bbq tomorrow. Hope the weather's great. Hope it will be fun. It's super hot at the moment. I have to cut my hair. It's a hot mess. I repeatidly keep listening to Armin van Buuren's "In and Out of Love" and "Heartbeat" by Enrique featuring Nicole. Strange. Both song have to do with love. Hah. Anyways, I'm out for now.
Peace in the middle east.


No comments: